Friday 9 November 2012

The Christmas Window Display

A few weeks ago I was scratching my head trying to think how I could make this year's Christmas window interesting and fun.  As I was looking at Jane Silk's wonderful ceramic creations that I will be showing, and the delivery note (3 x spotty hens, 2 x turtle doves etc.) I had a brainwave (and if I wasn't  lacking in any musical ability whatsoever may well have burst into song).  This year the theme for the window will be "The Five Days of Christmas" ... Five Dabbling Ducks, Four Darting Deer, Three Spotted Hens, Two Turtle Doves and A Guinea Fowl in a Gallery!  Admittedly, it's a slight deviation from tradition but the idea is shaping up nicely and I'm really looking forward to putting it all together next week.
 
 
In the meantime here is a sneak preview of some of the ceramics:
 
 
"Three Spotted Hens"
(You'll have to come and see the window display to meet the third!)
 
"Two Turtle Doves"
  
 
"And a Guinea Fowl in a Gallery!"
 
Jane, who is based in Sussex, actually delivered the ceramics to the gallery while she was doing the Coast to Coast Walk in the summer.  Fortunately her back-up crew were able to transport the ceramics so that Jane didn't have to carry them all the way from Cumbria in her rucksack!
 
The window display will be ready in time for next week's preview evening on Friday 16th November so please come along to meet the remaining cast members!
 
(Thanks also to Dave for his very helpful offer to provide me with "Six Sparkly Santas" to add a touch of bling to the gallery but we are aiming for the "understated and elegant" look!)

No comments:

Post a Comment